Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

BMW X5 Parts...

Can anyone here advise what the best & most reasonable place to get parts for an E53?

I'm after the TV as I want to add in a reversing camera as I've come close a few times to running over my 2 year old backing down a narrow driveway. I've found a TV on TRADEME but I have seen these a lot cheaper than this.

Also, I imagine I can remove my standard head unit (see below pictured) and just jam in the TV unit?

Posted Image

Unfortunately it's more than swapping the head unit for a BMW screen. You will also need a Tuner module (preamp / source switching, TV tuner and harness at a minimum. From there you can add reverse cam , CD stacker or Dice Ipod adapter , Europe / USA Nav module, Bluetooth ULF for hands free and voice commands.

Have a check through the bottom link to gain a better understanding of what is required. Your other option is to go for a Dynavin which would work out cheaper than a BMW system and has all of the options that a fully configured BMW system has.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-...n-453329747.htm

http://www.xoutpost.com/articles/all-bmw/n...-system-x5.html

Edited by Neal

Nothing is ever straight forward! Would the screen head unit go straight in for a start though?

Also, those Dynavin units were $1075 a year ago, and it would seem they've increased the price somewhat a lot!

Yes the screen would fit. But without the harness it would need to come out again. You'd also loose the function of you stereo.

Hi, how much am I looking at for the harness roughly?

chech out this link. looks to be $449 usd ! Would probably be better to pick up a complete s/h retro fit from www.ebay.de unless someone on bimmersport can help out.