Sign in to follow this  
mossline

E39 540i '96 factory alarm

Been searching many forums on this but most come back with alarm problems.

Im trying to figure out if my car has a factory alarm and if so how do i go about re-activating it as it is clearly not working and never has since Ive owned the car. Looking in the little red clown nose under the mirror it seems as though it has something inside it (LED maybe?) but hard to tell without pulling the thing off.

Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

Its a jap import.

If you want to PM me the last 7 digits (2 letters 5 numbers) of your chassis number I can tell you if it was fitted originally.

otherwise, go HERE and follow the destructions about OPTIONS and you'll get a full factory list.

You can also look under the rear seat - the build sheet should be tucked in there. It's a dotmatrix printout of the same info.

Been searching many forums on this but most come back with alarm problems.

Im trying to figure out if my car has a factory alarm and if so how do i go about re-activating it as it is clearly not working and never has since Ive owned the car. Looking in the little red clown nose under the mirror it seems as though it has something inside it (LED maybe?) but hard to tell without pulling the thing off.

Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

Its a jap import.

Jap import wont have it, thats the infared for the romote locking, nz model will flash with the alarm

Judging by that i reckon it does have an alarm installed. Can you confirm this Allan? I PM'd you too.

If it does have one? Whats probably happened to it? Can I get it going again or is it a trip to the stealers....?

quote name='Allanw' date='Mar 6 2012, 03:15 PM' post='443035']

If you want to PM me the last 7 digits (2 letters 5 numbers) of your chassis number I can tell you if it was fitted originally.

otherwise, go HERE and follow the destructions about OPTIONS and you'll get a full factory list.

You can also look under the rear seat - the build sheet should be tucked in there. It's a dotmatrix printout of the same info.

Listen to Milan..if its Japanese it WILL NOT HAVE an alarm.....lucky them..they dont steal stuff

And I hope you read German if you do find the build sheet

I sent ALL the details in the PM, but it appers not to have the alarm.

Mine flashes the indicators when you lock it, but it has no alarm either. (Of course I coded it to flash them anyway :lol: )

I like that! Anyone in Wellington able to code my car so it flashes its lights?

Thanks again for getting the info for me Allan! My car has lots of stuff but no alarm... Gutted.

I sent ALL the details in the PM, but it appers not to have the alarm.

Mine flashes the indicators when you lock it, but it has no alarm either. (Of course I coded it to flash them anyway :lol: )