Sign in to follow this  
bmwnev

Towbar - E46 wagon 2004 wanted

Anyone with or knows where I can get a towbar for a 2004 E46 wagon, please let me know. I see there is someone on Trade Me who makes to order for $285, bar only, any thoughts?? Thanks.

$150 and you can have the set up I removed from my wagon... Was from northshore towbars.

$150 and you can have the set up I removed from my wagon... Was from northshore towbars.

Is it complete, does it have the wiring and would you be prepared to freight it to Rotorua, or possibly to Takanini if I can arrange it?

Let me know what we can do. Thanks.

Is it complete, does it have the wiring and would you be prepared to freight it to Rotorua, or possibly to Takanini if I can arrange it?

Let me know what we can do. Thanks.

Would be a bit awkward to freight, but could drop off to takanini... And no wiring unfortunately haha

Would be a bit awkward to freight, but could drop off to takanini... And no wiring unfortunately haha

What would be involved in fitting it? Did you take it off yourself? Bumper off? Any info/help would be good.

Thanks.

What would be involved in fitting it? Did you take it off yourself? Bumper off? Any info/help would be good.

Thanks.

I do know that the bumper needs to come off, but NST did it for me for fifty bucks when i got the car haha.

Thanks.

Mechanically they are a piece of piss to fit, remove bumper, remove bumper mounts, knock the studs out, and bolt town bar through the bumper mounts, replace bumper.

If your car is a facelift version the wiring is a lot more of an issue! The rear brake / side light is a single filament and the two levels of brightness are achieved by sending different voltages - which make it more complicated to fit relays (low voltage is not enough to switch a relay) to operate trailer lights.

Pre-facelift is pretty straight forward.

Mechanically they are a piece of piss to fit, remove bumper, remove bumper mounts, knock the studs out, and bolt town bar through the bumper mounts, replace bumper.

If your car is a facelift version the wiring is a lot more of an issue! The rear brake / side light is a single filament and the two levels of brightness are achieved by sending different voltages - which make it more complicated to fit relays (low voltage is not enough to switch a relay) to operate trailer lights.

Pre-facelift is pretty straight forward.

Thanks for the info, sounds like I'll be able to fit the tow bar, but the wiring will be the tricky one! I guess there'll be a kit or something available. Thanks again.