Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

little electrical gremlin

Not exactly a BMW but I thought due to time constraints I might need some other ideas.

this is for my R32 GTR racecar. I have an event on sunday so this needs to be sorted tomorrow.

The car is fitted with a 2WD switch in the cabin very similar to this: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/to...itch-to-an-r32/

Randomly the car has started turning itself into 2wd.

It does this when the car is at low rpm. And seems worse the more i drive it. Of course I can just flick the switch & stop and it will go back to 4wd.

My thoughts are:

dry wield

broken wield

dirty or damaged switch

Anyone have any thing else I should consider? Has anyone heard of this happening to a GTR ? did they have a switch installed?

Seen as you are open circuiting a supply line to the 4WD & ABS controller your thoughts are correct. The other possiblity is the controller itself. You would have to remove the switch mod to confirm this though.

Randomly the car has started turning itself into 2wd.

Can't add anymore than the thoughts you have had.

Other than thinking I'd remove that switch to be well sure of no 2wd moments up Mt.Vic on Sunday.

Other than thinking I'd remove that switch to be well sure of no 2wd moments up Mt.Vic on Sunday.

You mean no MORE 2wd moments up Mt.Vic. It's happened before. And it's not a road to toy with.

Yeah I'm thinking now to take out the switch see if the problem occurs then re-wield it back in.

It's too much fun to leave out.

You mean no MORE code brown moments up Mt.Vic. It's happened before, that is why I have a new race suit.

And it's not a road to toy with.

Yeah I'm thinking now to take out the switch see if the problem occurs then re-wield it back in.

It's too much fun to leave out.

Fixed the commets above

Chat to Ollie (Hi-Tek), they changed over to a digital hicas sensor away from the stock analogue one.

Also I was under the impression GTR's are 2wd all the way up till you break traction?

ps I aint no GTR expert

Fixed the commets above

ah hahahaha..... yes very true

Also I was under the impression GTR's are 2wd all the way up till you break traction? - yes correct. Any slip angle or wheelspin engages the 4wd to drag you out of trouble.

So they need to be driven like a Rwd from the back. Which is giggle inducing fun :)

Edited by M5V8

Sorry Darren,

No idea mate.

I'd post on Skylines Austraila though, there are some smart chaps on those forums.

See you on Sunday.

sweet as. Cheers fellas.

Fingers crossed I find the fault otherwise I might have to see if they will change my entry to the 2wd class.

Found it. Loose block connector. Don't know why I used it. Two snap connectors later. Problem solved!

Cheers to those whom chipped in.

Roll on Sunday

Edited by M5V8