Sign in to follow this  
kevinator9

Intake Manifold Hose Mess

Hi Guys,

Just going over the engine bay and tidying up/fixing up little things I have found.

Have come across these pipes that have been blocked off. There was another vacuum line that had the sane thing done to it but I sorted out where that went.

Car is a 1985 318i Coupe Auto Jap import.

This pipe leads to a dead end and I cannot figure out where it is supposed to go.

Posted Image

Posted Image

RealOEM has the exploded view of my throttle assembly but doesn't show these two hoses. They are attached on the hidden side of the exploded view.

Posted Image

These two pipes should split and join back up again.

Posted Image

Like in the exploded view.

Posted Image

But someone has blocked one off and looks like the splitter valve (Labelled: "Reducer" #11631707723) is damaged.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just want to make sure I have got this right as I will order a new "Reducer" and put that back together.

Also this extra plug up the front by the air intake is not connected to anything and there is nowhere for it to be connected. Is there and extra something that is missing? It is on the same piece of wire as the plug that is in the air intake (I am guessing air temp sensor). The airflow meter has it's plug.

Posted Image

Sorry for the long and involved post with picture overkill just want to see if I can right these wrongs.

Many thanks in advance to anyone that may be able to help.

Andrew

Edited by kevinator9