Sign in to follow this  
satellitej

E30 Wheel fitment... 17x8" et38.. spacers.. your thoughts

Hey guys,

havn't been with the site to long, was having a look for info through the wheel section and couldn't quite come to the point of clearing my mind..

I have obtained myself a set of mint lenso 17x8" et38 rims in a mesh style with polish lip.. they came with 240 race slick kumho tyres on them (these are for sale make an offer are in really good cond.), looking to swap out for either 215 or 205/40/17's and having a bit of stretch, im into that at the moment and believe will make fitting a bit easier also.

i understand 38 offset isn't right for the e30 and wheel spacers are going to be needed.. i have some 26mm wheel spacers and 36mm wheel spacers sitting around.. but i believe the 36mm will be to big, i am thinking of running the 26mm in the front and getting some 20mm in the rear.. the reasoning... a) a wider front track to a narrow rear track promotes oversteer but the difference is fractional anyway... B) i already have the 26mm spacers and they were free... c) i am running adjustable bc suspension and i know the fitment of clearing the front suspension set up could be and issue..

does anyone have any feedback? by going this big on the wheel spacer am i creating alot of work by having to roll and pump my guards alot?

i know the only way to really know is by trial fitting and checking. i am awaiting getting my tires so i can begin. but id like to hear your thoughts, and if anyone has done a similar size wheel etc before..

oh btw, i am also picking my new sr20 engine up next week, my plan is of having this in the 30 this year also..

I use 16mm spacers on et38 BBS 17x8 RC with slicks on the front to clear my brakes with no issues. Im running e30 m3 front strut / 5x120 hub however on a non m3 body. But the offsets are pretty much the same as standard e30 setup.

Works well, kisses the inner gaurd on full lock, but thats fine.

My rear is quite different to standard e30 so I dont need spacers in the back. ET38-30 works really well there.

I use 16mm spacers on et38 BBS 17x8 RC with slicks on the front to clear my brakes with no issues. Im running e30 m3 front strut / 5x120 hub however on a non m3 body. But the offsets are pretty much the same as standard e30 setup.

Works well, kisses the inner gaurd on full lock, but thats fine.

My rear is quite different to standard e30 so I dont need spacers in the back. ET38-30 works really well there.

just wondering with what size tyre you are running on your rims?

Dunlop 240/625r17 D11 slick (9inch wide) on all 4