Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

E46 318i Breather Valve Location

Car: e46 318i f/l n42b20

Hi guys,

Lately I've been suffering what I believe as a problem with my PCV breather hose/breather valve? don't know if they're the same but I've read online and my symptoms appear to be the same. Most times it drives fine all day then sometimes when I start it the idle is all over the place, drive for a bit and its fine. Couple hours later its still running fine and when I stop at a traffic light it starts to idle rough again. From my research on the internet I believe it this problem but I want to check it to see if the hoses are broken/split before I take it in unless this is a proper mechanics job?

Also cars coming up to 123000km and was planning on getting my mechanic to do some preventative maintenance is there anything that I should be really focussed on checking/replacing at this stage? Main issue at the moment is the one above though.

Cheers

okay cool, cars in the garage atm to get it replaced/checked as well as any other hoses around that error? anything else I should tell them to check/repair/replace?

While they have the manifold off I would also replace the crank shaft position sensor at the same time. They are prone to failing and the manifold must come off to replace it.