Sign in to follow this  
turbolizard

e39 navigation harness for mk4

WTB navigation harness to connect mk4 nav unit to a nz new e39 that already has the tv installed. Can anyone supply locally?

This is the harness in the boot that links the nav unit to the tv video module, not the harness needed to run to the front of the car (car already has that installed). I think it looks like the attached pic..

post-996-1333798316.jpg

Hotwire (Grant) on this forum would be the person who could probably answer your question, if anyone can. Might want to PM him in case he misses your post.

WTB navigation harness to connect mk4 nav unit to a nz new e39 that already has the tv installed. Can anyone supply locally?

This is the harness in the boot that links the nav unit to the tv video module, not the harness needed to run to the front of the car (car already has that installed). I think it looks like the attached pic..

I'm a little confused with your statement. The harness you have pictured - is that what you have already OR is that what you are asking for?

If you already have it - is that the one you got from Josh with the conversion kit?

Did your car have original monitor? If so, the car will be prewired for nav & you will just require the interconnect loom as you show. If you have retrofitted - same deal. You will also need a GPS antenna.

With the interconnect loom - bear in mind there are 2 variables depending on car build - pre / post Sept 01

Appropriate loom can be purchased from BMW NZ

PM me if you need to clarify

Thanks.

To clarify... Car has always had the monitor (from new), so I just need the interconnecting cable (which I think looks like the one in the picture). I did not get any cables from Josh.

I have plugged the nav unit in to my existing cables and it works fine. However, as I understand it, I still need the interconnecting cable to have the video module tv going and to get the wheel sensor input.

I don't know what it is I need to order - looking at realoem I think it is part # 61126907842, but not sure (Car was built Sep 2000). I have a GPS antenna.

I'm a little confused with your statement. The harness you have pictured - is that what you have already OR is that what you are asking for?

If you already have it - is that the one you got from Josh with the conversion kit?

Did your car have original monitor? If so, the car will be prewired for nav & you will just require the interconnect loom as you show. If you have retrofitted - same deal. You will also need a GPS antenna.

With the interconnect loom - bear in mind there are 2 variables depending on car build - pre / post Sept 01

Appropriate loom can be purchased from BMW NZ

PM me if you need to clarify

Edited by turbolizard