Sign in to follow this  
m series

air bag light drama

hi all the other day well trying to fit the fusy uniden gps9000 radar detector into the old bimmer blew a fuse, Unfortunately now i have a airbag light that stays on consistantly any easy methods of getting rid of the problem??

thanks

P.s it's an e36 m323i coupe

Edited by m series

You'll need an SRS reset tool or visit an auto electrician that does have BMW computers or a dealer for an reset.

Are you sure it's not an co-incidence of the seat sensors? They are known to fail after a few years.

well i guess anything is possible with bmw a car that truely has a mind of its own, but it came on the same time i blew the fuse so im guessing thats the problem but yeah ill have to take it to a sparky and see

thanks will keep you posted on the outcome

well took the car in for a diagnostic test today got a result that told me theres a fault in the firing circuit of the srs? Great that could mean alot of things spring sensor in the steering wheel or seatbelt sensors? does any one know any common issues that would keep the srs light consistantly on?

thanks

P.s no fault code was given either grrrrrr

well finally concluded the problem a clock spring in the drivers airbag has caused the srs light to stay on all fixed now for an unreasonable bmw part price but hey gota do what you gota do

thanks all that have given input over this dilema