Sign in to follow this  
varun1794

E34 afm for sale and e34 throttle cable wanted

Hey guys need some expert advice. Still struggling to get rid of my idle search the car is a e30 with a m50b25 nv in it and it has no vacuum leaks just had a new charcoal canister put in and Just tried a new afm the car idles fine at cold but as soon as it warms up at all it starts to surge. I also have a e34 525 afm for sale and need a throttle cable ASAP

Cheers

Varun

bring it around can check it for you

thanks will give you a call on thursday

throtle cable is sorted

ok so i had a afm with the part number 0 280 213 011 and replaced it with the same one from euro autospares but they both act EXACTLY the same the idles surges 3 times from 600-1000 then 600-1200 once then back to 600-1000 3 times. so it kind of has a consistant way of surging that repeats itself but as soon as i unplug the afm (old or new) it idles perfect.

so im thinking i have the wrong afm?

thanks will give you a call on thursday

throtle cable is sorted

ok so i had a afm with the part number 0 280 213 011 and replaced it with the same one from euro autospares but they both act EXACTLY the same the idles surges 3 times from 600-1000 then 600-1200 once then back to 600-1000 3 times. so it kind of has a consistant way of surging that repeats itself but as soon as i unplug the afm (old or new) it idles perfect.

so im thinking i have the wrong afm?

that appears to be the correct type for a non vanos m50 , is the correct size one 2.5L not the smaller 2l one??

also some nz new and uk ones had a idle screw adjustment on the side of them??

that appears to be the correct type for a non vanos m50 , is the correct size one 2.5L not the smaller 2l one??

also some nz new and uk ones had a idle screw adjustment on the side of them??

sorry but im not quite sure what you mean by the 2l part? the car is a 2.5 but not sure about the afm and also there is a idle screw on the throttle body thats all

cheers

Possibly have a vac leak for it to be idle surging.. mine was real bad... ALL the Vac hoses had holes/f**ked.

and replaced the clip/oring under the inlet manifold which is a whole FOURTEEN dollars at the dealer, worth changing.

Possibly have a vac leak for it to be idle surging.. mine was real bad... ALL the Vac hoses had holes/f**ked.

and replaced the clip/oring under the inlet manifold which is a whole FOURTEEN dollars at the dealer, worth changing.

thanks but iv already done both those things and 99 % sure its not a vac leak