Sign in to follow this  
polley

i need some wheel advice for my e30

Alright guys I need some advice on wheels for my automobile (e30), and im not really sure what is avaliable.

• Preferably they would bolt straight on with no adaptors required, but will consider using adaptors.

• I need to fit the widest tyre possible, I don't mind rolling the guards but I don't want to pull them out / stretch them so they look stupid

• They need to clear a big brake kit as this will be my next upgrade, looking at something like this (unless I can piece something together here cheaper, but this looks like a easy way bolt on option) http://massivebrakes.com/brake-systems.php..._front_332x32mm

• Prefer 17" wheels, because of tyre options / availability (correct me if im wrong on that).

I have been looking at these:

These should allow me to run 235/40/17 without too much hassle.

http://www.apexraceparts.com/3-Series-BMW-E30_c_31.html

They seem to fit the requirements, but I'm not sure anyone in NZ stocks them. If I order them in I figure I am looking at $2k by the time they get to my door, and I wondered if I could find something in NZ suitable for that price.

Edited by polley

Presumably you have other mods (done or to do) to need that much brake/wheel/rubber??

The 300mm race kit from massive has proven plenty for many track cars (non-M & M3 E30's).

Has the advantage of fitting under a selection of 15's, which have a much bigger selection of tyres suitable for the E30.

A 235/40 R17 is quite a bit bigger diameter than stock, so generally needs a diff change or MOORPOWAR

Presumably you have other mods (done or to do) to need that much brake/wheel/rubber??

The 300mm race kit from massive has proven plenty for many track cars (non-M & M3 E30's).

Has the advantage of fitting under a selection of 15's, which have a much bigger selection of tyres suitable for the E30.

A 235/40 R17 is quite a bit bigger diameter than stock, so generally needs a diff change or MOORPOWAR

Ok, I am open to suggestions here as this is the first time choosing a wheel / tyre combo and it is all new stuff to me.

I have a m50 turbo conversion that is setup for 350 - 400whp.

What sizes would you suggest to fit maximum rubber and large brake kit? I was under the impression it was easyier and also cheaper to find tyres for 17 inch wheels.. I have no problem going to a smaller wheel if it means I can fit more..

Speaking from experience, 300rwhp in n E30 is always going to have traction issues, and if it's raining, take the bus. :lol:

The Apex ARC-8's are awesome looking wheels and a good size.

The 300mm race kit would still be more than adequate, esp. if matched with the rear kit.

Sticking with the E30 4lug is also harder to get wheels with enough caliper clearance up front, have you checked the ARC-8's for BBK's??

235/40 is a good sized tyre, a decent roll will have them fitting nicely (wheel offset dependent).

There are some rare 245/35 R17's on trademe at the moment also.