Sign in to follow this  
speedyg

New car blues, E39 m530i touring

mine has a lead acid

they might have a calcium from factory but i doubt that has lasted 12 years

lead acid are about $350 for a huge one like my 540 has

Calcium can be three times that so doubtful someone will have used one

battery will likely have either PB (lead) or CA (calcium) somewhere on it

OEM batteries (calcium) are common to last that long, I have seen many, and sometimes longer.

Also, a lot of the replacements are calcium too - at around that price

All fixed and back together, I charged battery via under bonnet cables, took 20hrs+ until the charged light came on the charger. Car started 1st time and ran smooth, no hiccup from new vanos seals. I was a little worried when the rev counter, trip meter etc didn't work, but it all started working the 3rd time I started it up. I haven't driven the car too far yet, so can't comment on the vanos fix yet.

Does anyone know how much water the cooling system holds? I only managed to get 6 litres into it, I thought it was about 10L?

not sure about capacity

most cars are around 8-12l for a 6cyl

keep inmind the whole water jacket in the block doesnt drain when you take the hoses off

thats why they recommend flushing the system well when getting crap out

All fixed and back together, I charged battery via under bonnet cables, took 20hrs+ until the charged light came on the charger. Car started 1st time and ran smooth, no hiccup from new vanos seals. I was a little worried when the rev counter, trip meter etc didn't work, but it all started working the 3rd time I started it up. I haven't driven the car too far yet, so can't comment on the vanos fix yet.

Does anyone know how much water the cooling system holds? I only managed to get 6 litres into it, I thought it was about 10L?

well done,now keep the coolant to a good ratio of antifreeze and water to keep the whole system in good nick