Sign in to follow this  
tonylauno1

Do I need camber plate after lowering 1.5inch?

Just wondering if anyone has got a H&R Touring Cup kit for their e46.

Factory shocks are worn and it's making the car lower, springs are compressed due to the worn shocks. Just want a replacement, not looking to lower the car much hence thinking of H&R Touring Cup kit.

Just looking for a e46 with these to get an idea of how low it is and how realiable it is.

Let me know if you have this kit for your e46.

Edited by tonylauno1

Cup kits are generally the lowest option from h&R

I'd say h&r sports are what you should be looking at. Don't buy into the cupkit for the h&r shocks, you can have bilstiens for the same price which are far better

Turner Motorsport in the USA are/were doing hr sports and billies for $800 to your door a few months back in e30 fitment. May have a deal on e46 too?

E: or if your happy with your height now just buy a set of bullies and leave the springs in there now.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Thanks for the reply Ethrty-Andy.

The H&R I was looking at was the Touring Cup kit instead of the Sports Cup kit. The Touring Cup kit is roughly the same height as the motorsport suspension.

The reason I am buying springs as well is the worn shocks have been compressing the springs and was told that the springs would not go back to their normal height anymore. Which is why my car is lower than when it was new.

Hey Ethrty-Andy,

The H&R shocks are made by Bilstein too, they say how important it is to have shocks that match the spring rate, is it that important or getting different shocks and springs and pairing them up would be just as good?

Thanks

Does anyone here has a e46 with Bilstein shocks with aftermarket springs?

330 with Bilstiens and Eibach spings

post-3258-1342936593.jpg

post-3258-1342936615.jpg

maybe they are billies for the E46. they arent, or weren't, for the E30 setup i had. much thinner shafts etc than billys

maybe they are billies for the E46. they arent, or weren't, for the E30 setup i had. much thinner shafts etc than billys

Common misconception.

Bilstein have probably the smallest shaft diameter of all the good performance brands. What you see in most cases is what's called the "spear". Think of a typical strut insert (like an E30) turned upside down with the outer body polished. That's what you're seeing. The shafts are normally only around 12mm diameter and are on the inside of the housing. You'll normally find a small nut at the bottom which holds the shaft in place.

They also supply some applications with the more traditional shock at the bottom / shaft out the top design eg; E30 rears etc.

Which design's best is another subject altogether!!

maybe. I had billstein sports and H&R Cup shocks side by side and they look totally different. Both E30 fitment. the bilsteins were only a few mm thinner on the part behind the springs as opposed to inside the strut, whereas the H&R ones looked like Konis or similar with a very thin maybe 1/2" thick shaft on the spring end. thats what i based my assumption on that they werent billys.

edit: looks like this photo

Posted Image

compare to this which is H&R. couldnt find one of just the shocks not installed in struts, but gives you an idea

Posted Image

I never ran the H&R shocks to tell you the difference between them though, i was sold them by someone claiming they were perfect but all 4 shocks were blown when i got them. so cant tell you the difference in the way they drove.

of course, this is E30 fitment.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

330 with Bilstiens and Eibach spings

Thanks for the photo, any idea how much lower the car was after using the Eibach springs?

What was the camber like after using the Eibach springs.

I want to know if my tyres will wear out quickly after dropping 1.5inch at front and .75inch at rear