Sign in to follow this  
speedyg

E39 sport factory staggered rims

Does everyone with an E39 sport have staggered rims? The reason I ask is that my sedan does have staggered rims and the Touring I have just bought does not. I think I will pinch the wider rears from the sedan before I sell it. I also have to decide whether to keep the conti sports on the touring or swap to bridgestone re001's on the front. Both sets are near new <2000kms. Which is the better tyre?

So after a bit of googling, it appears that the E39 touring sports don't come with staggered rims, only the sedans. They apparently will fit fine on a touring but no one seems too sure on why the tourings don't have the staggered setup.

Any ideas?

So after a bit of googling, it appears that the E39 touring sports don't come with staggered rims, only the sedans. They apparently will fit fine on a touring but no one seems too sure on why the tourings don't have the staggered setup.

Any ideas?

no idea really just a more"practical" set up which may tie in with the touring ethos in the first place.?