Sign in to follow this  
Gunner

e46 Dashboard Trim Clips

Hi everyone, Recently I just purchased some new red trim clips that hold the silver/carbon/wood whatever trim your car has got to the dashboard. The old ones were broken so can out of the holes easily but i've been trying to get the new ones in but they just won't go in. I can get 1 end in easily but then the other end won't push in? Is there any trick to it or do I just need to apply some more force?

Cheers

Hi everyone, Recently I just purchased some new red trim clips that hold the silver/carbon/wood whatever trim your car has got to the dashboard. The old ones were broken so can out of the holes easily but i've been trying to get the new ones in but they just won't go in. I can get 1 end in easily but then the other end won't push in? Is there any trick to it or do I just need to apply some more force?

Cheers

You have to put the clips into the door card first, then push the trim piece into the clip holes (don't try and put the clips onto the 'prongs' on the trim piece first and then try and push the whole lot into the door card.

Wasn't meaning the door cards but the dashboard trim but got it sorted anyways just needed to apply more force to get them in. cheers

Glad you managed to get them hope you didn't damaged the dash material to much by forcing them home. Looking at the dash all that was required was to turn the clip 90 degrees/ vertical insert in hole push inward and turn 90 degrees now horizontal. The mounting holes are larger one way than the other.