Sign in to follow this  
kiwi535

opinions welcome

so far have got prices on bridgestones turanza.conti premium contact and Pirelli p7 and some sort of Khumo....my own experience suggests that the pireeli and conti are somewhat softer riding than the bridgestones ,so i am leaning toward those two.They are expensive tho...the pirellis slightly more so.Any one with run flat experience care to comment.(fwiw they are all about the same price but more than i used to pay for 235 45 17 for the e 34)

I would imagine performance to be similar so the best riding one will be my pick unless someone can say one will last significantly longer than the other?

Edited by kiwi535

fwiw i am gonna get another pair pirellis,they ride much nicer than the bridgestones.I am gonna get them almost 100 each cheaper than xmas time when there were very very options available...so if you have runflats and need some more soon this may be a good time to buy,seems that continental pirelli and bridgstone are the main players.Hankook have them and i also got a price for Khumo

I had Pirelli runflats (215 45 17's) on my '96 E36. Frankly, they were bloody awful. Would tramline etc and a VERY hard ride. I took them off (after were worn down a bit) and fitted conventionals in their place, and the ride etc was so much improved.

FWIW - IMHO - unless the suspension of your car is specifically designed to use run-flats I would not use them. The conventionals to replace cost way less than half of the cost of the run-flats.

Edited by bikerchris

Dunlop should also have something in that size, IIRC the inlaws first Mini had them.

OEM supplied SP3000e or something.

Further to what bikerchris said, you also shouldn't run them on rims not made for runflat tyres either!!

(if you did intend to ever run them flat that is)

Edited by E30-323ti

runflats are original fitment on this car.A new set of wheels and conventional tyres will be the setup i will go for one day.I have absolutely no other issues with them excpept...price and harsh ride..the pirelliis are much nicer than the bridgestones ride wise

Edited by kiwi535