Sign in to follow this  
mossline

Possible part out - E39 540i

Been thinking of selling my 96 E39 540i recently as im looking at getting a 4x4. She runs great and it would probably be bad car karma to part out a perfectly fine running car but with the amount of money i have spent on getting her upto standard id never be able sell it for the price id like to sell her for.

My photography needs are requiring something bigger and a bit more rough and tumble that I can take out into the wilderness.

Im not going to have 2 cars either. Financially doesnt make sense.... although id bloody love to!

So im wondering if id be likely to make more money parting her out?

She has 208k on the clock

Thoughts? ideas?

No don't Chris, much as I understand where you are coming from, it is a great waste to part out a perfectly running car.

While i agree with Grants sentiments youre going to make more parting out..but it will take a while to cash up

Hold off for a few mths & Ill buy the running gear off u lol

Edited by 1rotty

Its a tough call. Like ive said, great car no problems but lots of cash tied up on it. Had so much work done to it and its in great shape mechanically. The odd ding on the paintwork here and there but for a car of its age its to be expected.

Will keep mulling it over and see

What sort of price do you think I could get for it if I sold it on?

Where is the money spent? Was it spent on parts that are sort after and you can good money for? Or was it spent on the running of the car and repairs to standard parts.

Do you have the room and time to part out an E39? They are a lot of work to pull down.

Been thinking of selling my 96 E39 540i recently as im looking at getting a 4x4. She runs great and it would probably be bad car karma to part out a perfectly fine running car but with the amount of money i have spent on getting her upto standard id never be able sell it for the price id like to sell her for.

My photography needs are requiring something bigger and a bit more rough and tumble that I can take out into the wilderness.

Im not going to have 2 cars either. Financially doesnt make sense.... although id bloody love to!

So im wondering if id be likely to make more money parting her out?

She has 208k on the clock

Thoughts? ideas?

Chris, try selling it first. Have a troll through the Trademe listings and take an average price, then list it here and on Trademe. You never know, the right person my just be looking for your car.