Sign in to follow this  
amitrai16

Japan to NZ Radio conversion

Hi

I have a E39 BMW 530i . The production date is 6 July 2001. I am not able to access the service mode of the radio at all. THis is a wide screen 16:9 display.

Following are the instructions that I tried to follow:

Turn the radio on - Yes I did that

Straight away, press the 'INFO' button - I Did that

Select RDS or PTY (displayed option depends on market). - I Do not get this option, I only see FM or No station.

Press and hold the 'On-Board Monitor rotary control knob for at least 8 seconds. - Nothing happens

Scroll through functions using the "< >" buttons.

Change settings using the 1...6 buttons.

Turn the radio off to exit the service mode and store the settings.

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to convert this or do I need to buy a band expander?

Any help or guidence is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Amit

Hi

I have a E39 BMW 530i . The production date is 6 July 2001. I am not able to access the service mode of the radio at all. THis is a wide screen 16:9 display.

Select RDS or PTY (displayed option depends on market). - I Do not get this option, I only see FM or No station.

Press and hold the 'On-Board Monitor rotary control knob for at least 8 seconds. - Nothing happens

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to convert this or do I need to buy a band expander?

Thanks in advance

Amit

OEM Radio conversino requries BM53 or BM54 goes in to replace your C23 japan module, as your one is before 09/2001 so it will have c23 japan radio tuner rather than worldwide radio tuner. so the instruction above will not allow you to change the region.

We can do the OEM retrofit conversion for you or replace it with DYNAVIN unit.

Hi

Thanks in advance

Amit

Hey mate,

I had the same problem and managed to get mine to english - where are you based?

Will try and put some instructions up when able

cheers Andrew

Hey mate,

I had the same problem and managed to get mine to english - where are you based?

cheers Andrew

I am based in Auckland...thanks in advance for your help

Hey mate,

cheers Andrew

getting it to english language and getting it to tune nz radio are 2 totally different things

The method for changing the language on a Jap car is the same on a non-Jap car, ie: the menu layout is the same.

Select Settings, scroll down to language, select the Language

Screen layout:

Posted Image

Select settings, then scoll down. The language choice will be clear to see. Select and click.

I am based in Auckland...thanks in advance for your help

Hey again,

As above there is a difference between changing language and radio frequency - so how i did mine was got a band expander (cost $60 all up) then changed the language so I can understand what the screen is saying - works perfectly, picks up all the local stations and alot cheaper at $60 than what you will pay for anything else.

Cheers

Andrew

Hey again,

As above there is a difference between changing language and radio frequency - so how i did mine was got a band expander (cost $60 all up) then changed the language so I can understand what the screen is saying - works perfectly, picks up all the local stations and alot cheaper at $60 than what you will pay for anything else.

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew, you will find as soon as you get out of strong reception area, your radio reception will be crap.

Band expanders in these cars are CRAP - as most people with these cars can attest to. The antenna systems are complex & band expanders compromise their operation severely. The only proper way to fix the problem is change the radio unit.