Sign in to follow this  
Sudo

Performance exhausts

What kind of exhaust systems will give better performance? I always though RPS made good exhausts, but now I know they're all sound.

Would Japanese performance systems(Tanabe, HKS, etc) suit a BMW performance wise?

And who does performance systems?

It depends on how you expect to drive and get power. Something driveable around town will not give you the best kW up top.

e.g. Why people with M3's that don't thrash them like 330i's.

One is a sports car, the other is an excellent all-rounder.

Also do you mean the entire exhaust system or just a muffler?

find a local muffler shop, run by an old dude. who has lots of knowledge!!

and you will be right

will do, pitstop quoted me $1,000 for an RPS system, so I wonder if I bought the muffler and they made the piping would it be a bit cheaper?

Call Prestige Automotive if you want an entire system.

Peter Van Breugel, he is also the importer of Powerchips in NZ.

Knows a thing or two about cars.

there are back boxes called turbo flow boxes they provide good power gains too with a nice deep sound and really look nice with some chrome tipped pipes welded on.most beemas already have quite thick piping in their stock exhaust system so u shouldnt need to do a whole new exhaust and big boring these european cars degrades them they need to howl and growl not bark and drown the f**k out of you ears beemas are class treat em that way hope the info is useful maybe just ask a pitstop about a turbo back/turbo flow muffler theyl know wat to do peace :mosh:

www.remus.at

Contact Retro Products.

See BMWNZ for Schnitzer products.

Or take your risk with whomever you chose. On the whole Pitstop and the like take a stab at the improvements. There are actually ways to calculate the pro's and con's of exhaust mods.

The people who can design great exhaust systems will charge you suitably for their effort. i.e, there is no point in having a system optimised to 8000rpm if you never get beyond the 6500rpm limiter. A free flow system will give you more Hp and lower torque (lower down the rev range), if designed properly. Look at the Yamaha EXUP design philosphy for how an exhaust system should perform.

You get what you pay for.

Edited by cainchapman

You get what you pay for.

DING!! MOTHERf**kEN DING!!