Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

How many iS

Guest Spargo

Simple question, simple answer:

How many E30 318iS were sold NZ new?

I know its less than 30, gimme an exact figure, I know some of you used to work for BMW, look it up.

6pack of e-beer for the correct answer, Cheers.

at the risk of being labelled a hijacker how many nz new 535iS,s?.I dont think they were badged or even called sports here but they had the body kit etc mtech etc???.I know of three on this site and they are all in wellingtin!(maybe a fourth too)

30 is ridiculous, 24 seems only slightly ridiculous.

I'd put it closer to 12.

And yes we know how rare your car was Paul ^_^

at the risk of being labelled a hijacker how many nz new 535iS,s?.I dont think they were badged or even called sports here but they had the body kit etc mtech etc???.I know of three on this site and they are all in wellingtin!(maybe a fourth too)

ahh....

According to BMW ....none.

The manual E34 535's according to BMW were plain old 535's with some extra bits on them. They say that the model known as the iS was a marketing exercise only for NZ (rather than some other markets that got a true model designated iS)

I want a 320is...but they're only Italian lhd :(

Sam, what's the answer?

Guest Spargo

Carl, you and me both!

Dunno, was a genuine question...

As far as i've seen:

7 red

1 silver

2 black in akl,

1 white

1 red

1 blue in welly,

dunno about sth island.

So... based on that, i guess 20-25 max?

yeah i know that Darryl,but BMWNZ knew them as HD12,s and one guy described them as "special" cars.......but how many?At one time i heard five but i dont think thats right as that would mean at least four of them are here in welly!

I see very few other 535's on the road as it is, let alone 5 speed versions.

This is the global production of the 5 and 7 series, but it does not list gearbox or options. It tells us that ~16% of the e34 were 535's, and I have read that only 5% of those were 5 speed: around 0.8% of the e34 were 5speed 535's :o

i have heard that 5 per cent before but i dont think that was right.....

How is the chip scd?

yeah i know that Darryl,but BMWNZ knew them as HD12,s and one guy described them as "special" cars.......but how many?At one time i heard five but i dont think thats right as that would mean at least four of them are here in welly!

One of the cars that was for sale in Dixie, stated that there were only 5 imported in '90.

I couldnt see them being a particularly strong seller when new, after all, they started at around $140K, so most of the buyers were probably companies, and rich old guys, and if you are buying a luxury car who the hell wants a manual!

I'm guessing that the cars were also special order for the customer, rather than regular 535. You only have to look at a the slight differences in our cars.

I wonder if the tally of 5 counts the Tourist Delivery Cars...like mine.

One of the cars that was for sale in Dixie, stated that there were only 5 imported in '90.

I couldnt see them being a particularly strong seller when new, after all, they started at around $140K, so most of the buyers were probably companies, and rich old guys, and if you are buying a luxury car who the hell wants a manual!

I'm guessing that the cars were also special order for the customer, rather than regular 535. You only have to look at a the slight differences in our cars.

I wonder if the tally of 5 counts the Tourist Delivery Cars...like mine.

Do you have a pic of your car?

I think theres a silver E30 318is on trademe atm, that has been on there for atleast 6 months. He wants about 7 grand. Anyone know if they are a match for an M325?

They are not up to it for power as standard to an M325. But they have better balance and handling. Like comparing an Alfa 2l Coupe to the 2.5l GTV.

The pic of the 4's (apart form the M3 obviously) is the 320iS (Italian LHD, destroked S14), then the 318iS or M325/325iS.

Again, I'm ignoring the tuners cars, Alpina, Hartge etc.

Spend a bit on the motor and you can get the 318iS to put out some big hp. Spend a lot and you can have 216kW.

i got told that there was only 9 e30 318is imported in nz in 91 ? true or not?