Sign in to follow this  
mossline

bmw m5 E60/E61

Hi guys, so im looking at importing an E60/E61 M5 from the uk.

Definately cheaper than buying here. My other thought is how hard would it be the re-sell after with it being a UK import? I personally would have no problem buying a UK import. Much higher spec than NZ/jap versions and most have a full service history to boot but would it be a hassle offloading it?

Thoughts/suggestions welcome...

As long as it has the service history and a clean report I doubt it would be a problem. There's still a slight premium paid for NZ cars over imports but the initial cost would help you live with that.

Suggestion: go for it and let me take it for a spin? :P

What would you guys expect to pay for such a car? say around 120k on the clock (equivalent).

Cheapest ive seen on trademe is around the 60k mark and go up from there. Is this about right?

Let me hear all your suggestions and advice!

Edited by mossline

What would you guys expect to pay for such a car? say around 120k on the clock (equivalent).

Cheapest ive seen on trademe is around the 60k mark and go up from there. Is this about right?

Let me hear all your suggestions and advice!

Hi Guys this is my first post as a new sponsor on Bimmersport, details of our service will be posted on the sponsor’s forum shortly.

So to answer your question, firstly if you are importing a used car from the UK it needs to be Euro 4 compliant.

Every car sold in the UK after 1 October 2007 had to be Euro 4 compliant.

However some cars sold before this date are Euro 4 compliant and as far as I am aware the V10 in the M5 is Euro 4 compliant from 2005. But every pre Oct 07 car should be checked prior to purchase.

As to cost, examples below:

2005 E60 with 73,000 miles (118,000km) £16k which is about ND$ 43k*

2006 E60 BMW Approved used 44,000 miles (71,000km) £20k about ND$ 52,500*

2007 E61 with 73,000miles (118,000ks) asking £20k which would equate to about NZ$52,500*

2007 E60 with 53,000 miles (85,500km) asking £21.5k which would equate to about NZ$56,100*

All the above are pre Oct 2007 so would need to be double checked for compliance.

Post Oct 2007 M5’s seem to be starting around £26K (asking) which equates to about NZ$70,400*

2009 E60 with 69,000miles (111,000km) £27k which is about NZ$ 69,200*

All of the above prices are asking prices; I think there is scope to negotiate prices downwards as they appear high relative to trade price guidance.

* Estimated cost for arrival to destination port (Auckland) shipped by container including, Customs Clearance in NZ, MAF fees, Port Service, Container Cartage, Unpacking, delivery to compliance and estimated GST using an estimated exchange rate of £1 = NZ$ 2.00

Excludes: Cleaning of the vehicle if required, Compliance and on road costs.

Hope the above helps; if you have any further questions please ask

Edited by Gordon

Are you dead set on the M5?. As I saw a 2008 e70 X5 silver 3.0D NZ new for $45,990 in Palmy