Sign in to follow this  
328FTW

Hold onto your steak and cheese mate

Because it has taken me 2 years to type this.

Greetings and salutations from my wonderful world of hacking things to bits for the hell of it. More to the point I'm thinking of hacking apart an e30, or at least fixing it up nice. It's a 325iSE with about 300,000km on it. Has a few issues and I was thinking of pulling the head and giving it a tickle up because that's what I do. Maybe even paint it if needed, 2 tone black/white acrylic. It's being offered to me at 1k, has an overheating issue. Could be anything from a bad waterpump to warped/soft heat or whatever but I guess that's why it hasn't been fixed cause if it was that easy to just magic better it would be back on the road.

White, original wheels, couple little rust bubbles, couple little dents a dolly would probably knock out. Automatic but can convert if I find bits at the right price, otherwise it's tidy despite high kms. When I can be bothered I'm a decent painter and detailer, plus engine builder. It would be another project and I'd probably be looking to flip it with the price difference for my troubles, that or use it as a daily for a short time and sell my VN SS commodore.

Worth bothering, yes, no, maybe? I know it didn't get too too hot cause I know the guy and when it happened I trailered it for him back into town. I know they are quite easy to work on, I've worked on it before. I just dunno what it's worth. At worst I'm looking for a shortblock or longblock which wouldn't be that much I'm sure then just new gaskets etc all around. I know the e30s have a following, just has to translate into not taking a huge hit cause I could buy any old uninteresting shitbox instead, however that's no fun is it?

Second hand market for e30s had turned to sh*t so if you are doing it just for that, don't bother, you'll make more money buying it cheap and parting it. Maybe. In auto, 2k is top dollar, rebuilt engine whatever, NZera don't think rationally when it comes to cars with high mileage, and anything over 200 is toast. Could be 3k or so in manual.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

I did wonder that. I was watching different ones and it's hard to get a handle on things because they're all broken in some way. Literally every single one, shot wheelbearings, blown struts. I guess most are just older and beat to hell now.

Ah well, leaves me with more to figure out what motorbike I wanna buy now