Sign in to follow this  
aw-krazy

E34 wobble

Noticing quite a viscious wobble around the 90 onwards mark, not a wheel balance issue as i have already done a balance on it, not a tyre issue as i have just replaced those too and also checked for a bent rim. Also replaced the front discs, front pads & rear pads (rear discs are not warped) I am trying to diagnose the problem so I can fix it asap, any help please.

thrust arm bushes,very common e 34 problem esp those with bigger wheels than std.Some say bushes from the e34 m5 or 750(e32) are better (more durable) than stock.I cant remember wether its the upper or lower arms and there is also a school of thougt about the exact tightening procedure.All the e34 forums will have detailed procedures

thrust arm bushes,very common e 34 problem esp those with bigger wheels than std.Some say bushes from the e34 m5 or 750(e32) are better (more durable) than stock.I cant remember wether its the upper or lower arms and there is also a school of thougt about the exact tightening procedure.All the e34 forums will have detailed procedures

Okay sweet as, will replace them and let you know how it goes :)

Okay sweet as, will replace them and let you know how it goes :)

if it doesnt fix it i will be very surprised,as you seem to have adressed the other issues.Only issue you havent touched on is make sure that the wheels you are using have the correct hub dia meter.The e34 has about a 72.5mm hub,many bmw aftermarjet wheels for an e 34 will have a 74.1 mm which is e 39 spec.That .75mm misalignment can cause the wobble.You need the correct size hubcentric rings if you have a wheel with 74mm hub dia