Sign in to follow this  
Bullitt

I just bought a BMW

how does having back seats make it any less sporty?

evo 8 FQ400....as quick round the top gear track as a murcielago....but has rear seats so obviously cant be a sports car

Let's not confuse this thread, it'll just lead to some unloving action. Fact is, cars can't be categorized so easily nowadays.

Despite the fact an Integra Type R or many others are faster around corners and eveywhere else than a proper sports car for me one critera of being a sports car is no back seat, if they do theyre just a sports coupe at best

Andy takes out back seats :)

my guess is that someone swapped the wheels...on the bright side, think of the savings you will make when buying new tyres.

Besides, I can guarantee that there are a few people on here with rear wheel drive BMW's that suffer from a fair bit of understeer.

Edited by Grant

i dont find 15"s to be that expensive.....170ish......compared to not a helluva lot less for new 14's. plus you can actually buy decent tyres in that size. grip is good sometimes

i dont find 15"s to be that expensive.....170ish......compared to not a helluva lot less for new 14's. plus you can actually buy decent tyres in that size. grip is good sometimes

man, you are full of sh*t, you hate grip as much as the next bloke....dion't lie to me Edited by Grant

man, you are full of sh*t, you hate grip as much as the next bloke....dion't lie to me

Haha, ouch :lol:

Given i've tried both 14" and 15" tyres on mine I really can't say the rim size makes anywhere as much difference as the rubber itself. The barum 15" I had had a side wall so soft it made them no better than 14". These direzzas are far far far superior, don't think they come in 14"...

The difference between 14" and 15" tyres dont bother me cause itll get new (read bigger) mags before i need new tyres anyway.

Annoying not having the originals sitting in the shed though. I know where theres two sets, but both are $800 without tyres so it dont seem worth it when theyre not that much different looking, can get nicer looking wheels for the same money.

To me sports car is a term, Im not denying there are plenty of cars that are better in everyway than a true sports car, but that dont make them sports cars to me. Anyway thats for a different thread. Will get pics on sunday B)

Edited by Bullitt

lost another NZH member i see

haha nice buy paul, join the BMW trend :o

if that black e46 is yours on the nzh profile, then gawddamn its hot!

Agreed on the Lotus Elan, it is the best FWD car I have ever driven. It handles like a Lotus should. Brilliant car, a bit gutless though. No torque steering demon and you could get it to lift off oversteer with perfect balance.

Still not a sports car. Korean built Lotus, still isn't the same as the real thing.

lost another NZH member i see

haha nice buy paul, join the BMW trend :o

if that black e46 is yours on the nzh profile, then gawddamn its hot!
mmm..... me likes your E46