Sign in to follow this  
CSET

1966 2000 CS Barn Find

Guest Ari Gold

Oh f**k me. DO WANT.

Do agree with the 1502 beside it though - I'd suggest that the turbo kit is genuine (based on my dealings with the Japs and cars of that vintage) and it sounds like it's got the Alpina dogleg 5spd.

There was a 2000 Touring that had the 5spd Alpina dog leg box and went for 8K on TM and it was in excellent unrestored condition, so you'd have to really want that 1502 for that money.

Edited by Ari Gold

I didn't see that touring (or I have forgotten - same outcome I suppose).

The 1502 is a bit average / lots of $$$ - even if its a genuine turbo kit it its been faired in, which I always think looks odd, and the rear bumper ends are too long. Plus if its a 1502 engine it would be slow. And it needs more wheel bolts.

The 2000 is interesting though - potentially would make a good candidate for a proper historic race car??

Edited by CamB

Guest Ari Gold

I didn't see that touring (or I have forgotten - same outcome I suppose).

The 1502 is a bit average / lots of $$$ - even if its a genuine turbo kit it its been faired in, which I always think looks odd, and the rear bumper ends are too long. Plus if its a 1502 engine it would be slow. And it needs more wheel bolts.

Sat there for about 5 weeks, I couldn't fertilise the money tree fast enough though <_<

Looks like only the rear lip spoiler is turbo. The arches definitely aren't and I'm dubious about the front spoiler.