Sign in to follow this  
Gus

m5x turbo vs m20 turbo

now i know no one has practical experience, and im not gonna do anything like it anytime soon..but gus is curious

would running an m50 turbo give better gains than turbo m20? just wondering because of double the number of valves would prob help for better flow, and another cam to be more accurate?

fill me in peoples

Considering you can get 550hp+ from an M10 turbo. I'd say it's academic Gus.

It really depends on who does your work and how good he is.

Logically, more valves etc, should be better, but is it.

Forced induction, so flow is less important than NA.

As some finnish guy said "When m20s break, they break properly, m50s break in lots of little bits" :lol:

The M20 combustion chamber is it's downfall when chasing big HP, leading to detonation city!!

The M50 mutli-valve head is alot better thus you can get more HP/$$ than a M20 (excluding the purchase $$ of the motor of course).

just the man i wanted to hear from

thats what i thought

i should have said, and the point i was trying to get across was hp per PSI of boost.....and being able to run higher amounts of boost due to less detonation.

2.8 turbo would kick ass

Edited by Gus

hp per PSI of boost.....and being able to run higher amounts of boost due to less detonation.

provided you have the ecu & internals to match the boost, it will still detonate & pistons fall apart without those, the M50 while stock may not be able to handle as much boost as a stock M20 due to comp. ratio, more timing from factory etc... but a M50 should make more HP on the same boost.