Sign in to follow this  
Filth

E39 Console Display

Hey guys,

First posting here so bare with me if I get terminology wrong etc, I will do my best.

I am currently in the market for a E39 540i Motorsport, preferably with the large console, sunroof, heated seats etc.

My question is say if I were to get this ( http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-491315772.htm )

See the console has the little display - is it possible to swap this out for the larger one? if so, how big would the job be? can I do it myself?

Here is the large console display ( http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-514466995.htm ) just so you guys know what I'm on about.

Many thanks!

The Display is call a Board Monitor and yes it is fairly easy to swap out with a larger screen version with some caveats. The car may have the older Video/TV module that only supports the 4:3 display so you would need to replace that out too. Plus depending on the build date of the car you may loose some of the minor functions such as the ability to choose "scan" or "preset" channel changing via the Steering Wheel up/down buttons.

When I did the change out on my YOM '96 E39 540 I ended up keeping the small fomat screen just to do the changes. There are plenty of resource on the web and here in bimmersport, just search boardmonitor

The Display is call a Board Monitor and yes it is fairly easy to swap out with a larger screen version with some caveats. The car may have the older Video/TV module that only supports the 4:3 display so you would need to replace that out too. Plus depending on the build date of the car you may loose some of the minor functions such as the ability to choose "scan" or "preset" channel changing via the Steering Wheel up/down buttons.

When I did the change out on my YOM '96 E39 540 I ended up keeping the small fomat screen just to do the changes. There are plenty of resource on the web and here in bimmersport, just search boardmonitor

Awesome! Thanks a heap for the info and reply! :-)