Sign in to follow this  
scottr

Stuck in Taupo overnight, need tyre advice!

Hi all, hope some Taupo people will be able to help me out here! :)

So the wife and I have spent the first weekend away from the baby in 18th months.., I took time off work, got the mother up to babysit, and took off to whakapapa for a well needed night away, snowboarding and relaxation.

Anyway, great weekend, but on the way back we stopped in Taupo to wander up and down the lake., When we jumped back in the car to drive away we realised that one of the rear tyres had gone flat! Upon inspection it seems the aging tyre has started slowly moving outwards and eventually let all it's air out. The otherside's looking pretty much the same and even though it's still up, i'm not convinced i want to drive on tit.

Long story short, we've had to stay in Taupo overnight and not make it back to auckland to see our baby boy. :(

Tomorrow morning we're going to need to rather quickly buy two new 245/40/17's for the rear, get them fitted and continue on our way. About a year ago we had some eagle f1 asymetric's put on the front, and ideally I'd like to get this put ont he back as well, but i'm not confident of my chances of finding them tomorow morning.

Does anyone have any advice on where we shoudl go/who we should talk to about getting it done? Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Scott

So the wife and I have spent the first weekend away from the baby in 18th months.., I took time off work, got the mother up to babysit, and took off to whakapapa for a well needed night away, snowboarding and relaxation.

Anyway, great weekend, but on the way back we stopped in Taupo to wander up and down the lake., When we jumped back in the car to drive away we realised that one of the rear tyres had gone flat! Upon inspection it seems the aging tyre has started slowly moving outwards and eventually let all it's air out. The otherside's looking pretty much the same and even though it's still up, i'm not convinced i want to drive on tit.

Long story short, we've had to stay in Taupo overnight and not make it back to auckland to see our baby boy. :(

Tomorrow morning we're going to need to rather quickly buy two new 245/40/17's for the rear, get them fitted and continue on our way. About a year ago we had some eagle f1 asymetric's put on the front, and ideally I'd like to get this put ont he back as well, but i'm not confident of my chances of finding them tomorow morning.

Does anyone have any advice on where we shoudl go/who we should talk to about getting it done? Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Scott

I've always had a bit of luck at Beaurepaires next to Taupo Nui A Tea on Spa Rd.

I've always had a bit of luck at Beaurepaires next to Taupo Nui A Tea on Spa Rd.

Awesome that was the first place I was going to try, thanks. :)

Cheers,

Scott

James at Goodyear in Taupo is a bit of a BMW fan. May not have the size you need in stock though.

I just put new rears on in that size. I was looking at mid range and the main options (in that size) were Nankang and GT Radial. I went with the GT Radial HPY which had better reviews than the Nankangs and have been fine to date. A bit of a step down from RE001's that were on, but can't complain about the value