Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

EOI: carbon fibre and fibreglass e30 doors

I have some moulds available for e30 coupe doors and i would like to do a run of glass and carbon kevlar doors.

To make it worth doing i need to do 10 pairs so anyone interested should get in touch, these will be perfect for the 2lt class e30s as well as any other e30 race car that isnt restriced by class rules.

The doors are extremely high quality, utilising nomex honeycome internal structure, high quality epoxy resin and post under vacuum, these will be stronger than the factory door offering better protection and structural rigidity to your car whilst remaining substantialy lighter than the factory door.

The carbon kevlar option is made the same way and uses a carbon uni reinforcment offering incredible strength

and substatial weight savings.

These doors will come with all the attachments to fit hinges, handles etc and expected weight is around 4-5kg per door.

These doors are of the same construction and quality of components of very high end race cars such as the toyota racing series and v8 supercars. And are built with absolute precision to ensure the door fits perfectly and do not need a great deal of adjustment to work like many of the cheap sglass options around at the moment.

Prices are $900 plus gst for the glass doors and $1250 plus gst for the carbon doors.

If anyone is interested or knows someone who may be please pm me or give me a ring on 0274839222, need to get an idea of numbers before we do a batch.

Cheers

Oli

Did this ever get anywhere? Just weighed my doors and they came in at 25kg each, I would be keen for a lighter alternative.

A 40kg weight saving for the cost of $1250+get seems to go to be true.

Edited by Jamez