Sign in to follow this  
kiwifiat

Getrag 5 Speed

Hi Guys, I am after a 5 speed complete with shifter, cross member, slave cylinder and drive shaft to retro fit into a 1968 2000 Tilux. A box of an 4cyl e21 or early e30 fitted with a 4cyl M10 should do the trick.

Location?

I have gbox only from M10 E30 in Helensville. $300.

Edit: found what looks to be an almost new clutch plate/pressure plate and a shifter to go with it too.

Hi Guys, I am after a 5 speed complete with shifter, cross member, slave cylinder and drive shaft to retro fit into a 1968 2000 Tilux. A box of an 4cyl e21 or early e30 fitted with a 4cyl M10 should do the trick.

have a 5spd m10 gearbox, flywheel, linkage and crossmember package available

freight shouldn't be a problem

let me know if you are interested, bimmersport discount will apply

cheers

Jon

Edited by JKSE

Unless its from an e21 it won't have a speedo drive.

There's no way the crossmember will bolt in - the boxes are longer. I modified an e30 one on my 2002tii and it was ok, but would have been better to have fabricated one I think. I used an early e30 shift linkage etc I think - lined up fine with the gear lever hole in the 2002.

I think I was able to use an e30 318i driveshaft.

I have a spare e30 box, maybe flywheel / clutch / pressure plate but not the rest. Would want $300 for the box, same as westy.

Unless its from an e21 it won't have a speedo drive.

There's no way the crossmember will bolt in - the boxes are longer. I modified an e30 one on my 2002tii and it was ok, but would have been better to have fabricated one I think. I used an early e30 shift linkage etc I think - lined up fine with the gear lever hole in the 2002.

I think I was able to use an e30 318i driveshaft.

I have a spare e30 box, maybe flywheel / clutch / pressure plate but not the rest. Would want $300 for the box, same as westy.

Thanks Cam for the heads up on that speedo issue. It looks like e21 5 speeds are like hens teeth so I will have to come up with a demon scheme to convert the old analog speedo to electronic so I can use a box from an e30.

Thanks to those who responded.

Thanks Cam for the heads up on that speedo issue. It looks like e21 5 speeds are like hens teeth so I will have to come up with a demon scheme to convert the old analog speedo to electronic so I can use a box from an e30.

Thanks to those who responded.

Have a look through rot62's build thread - he fit an E30 one inside the 2002s housing.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....mp;#entry348240