Sign in to follow this  
sascha

Iphone 4s Micro sim cutting

Hi guys,

I bought my mates iphone 4s yesterday, and now I need a micro sim. I've seen you can buy cutters on trademe for under $10 but I'd prefer not wait for shipping.

When I bought my girlfriends iPhone I just bought her a micro sim for $30 but it seems unnecessary if you can buy a cutter for $10!

Does anyone know of a place on the north shore that would be open on a Sunday where I could get my existing sim cut? Or does anyone have one of these cutters?

Cheers

I had a full size sim from an HTC I had, took it to Vodafone store and they swapped it over to a micro sim for free... And it works straight away.

Why buy a cutter when it's a free swap (for Vodafone anyway).

2 Degrees will most likely do you a micro-sim for free. Sometimes they will charge $5. But if you are with another network just tell them that you want to change to their service IF they give you a free micro-sim.

That should work with Vodafone and Telecom too.

Or, if you are wanting to stay with your current provider, just go into one of their stores and tell them the competition is willing to give you a free micro-sim

I had a full size sim from an HTC I had, took it to Vodafone store and they swapped it over to a micro sim for free... And it works straight away.

Why buy a cutter when it's a free swap (for Vodafone anyway).

Really? Damn, they scammed me when I got my girlfriends iPhone then! I'm with vodafone, so I'll drop in this arvo I think.

2 Degrees will most likely do you a micro-sim for free. Sometimes they will charge $5. But if you are with another network just tell them that you want to change to their service IF they give you a free micro-sim.

That should work with Vodafone and Telecom too.

Or, if you are wanting to stay with your current provider, just go into one of their stores and tell them the competition is willing to give you a free micro-sim

Yeah sweet, good idea. I'll go to Vodafone today and give it a go.

Thanks guys

All sorted, just went to the vodafone shop and picked a free one up no problem