Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

Crazy sky

Was just mucking around board as and looked out the window earlier on tonight and noticed the sky was real wierd, looked awsome, so took a few pictures and thought I would share

post-18-1123404167.jpg

Nice pics mate. Last week got my new digicam, and am getting into astrophotography.

Going to hook it upto my telescope. Got the "T" adaptor from America on Friday. So much to learn!

Anyway - here is my very first pic with my camera yesterday, playing round with it on a tripod mount outside having a beer fiddling with the shutter and aperature setting:

post-18-1123404644.jpg

Edited by 318is

was f**king badass today....would have taken pics if i had a camera at home.....the trees were lit by the sun and real light green, but the sky behind was black

kinda like jungle

The pic of the sun is quite good .. i like it ... it's like a star .. haha.

The pic of the sun is quite good .. i like it ... it's like a star .. haha.

That's cause it is a star dumbarse

That's cause it is a star dumbarse

pwned.

yea sky pics rox0rz

I know it's an star, but what i'm saying is that when you normally look at it it doesn't like anything in the shape of a star .. but that picture it actually looks like a star is what i'm saying ...

wow there some wackt out pics bimmer boy :P

well if we had some wacked out skys like that out west auckland id take some pics! i should really get onto that, have the mean view but moveing so wont have it for much longer :( hehe nice pics anyways

wow there some wackt out pics bimmer boy :P

well if we had some wacked out skys like that out west auckland id take some pics! i should really get onto that, have the mean view but moveing so wont have it for much longer :( hehe nice pics anyways

you should have been able to see it if you are out west because the pictures were taken of my veiw of the waitakares

OK. Keeping on the topic of sky pics - I just took these through my telescope. Don't laugh - it's my VERY first pics through the scope, and no processing whatsoever. All setting on AUTO, hehe, until I get more play time with the setup.

This is of Jupiter, slightly out of focus because im a nOOb, but follow the bands upwards, and you can see two blurry moons of jupiter:

( Hot linking to save space on BS - if hotlinking is not the go, please PM me so )

Posted Image

And one of the moon - got about five other shots of different crater/angles - I'll hold off til I get the OK to post more, or i'll just upload to a my website and give a web link...Andrew whats the go bandwidth wise??

Posted Image

Edited by 318is

laters bandwidth..

I like that of the Moon .. what sort of telescope do you have to enable you to see the moon like that ???

Handy for other stuff if u live in a high rise .. haha

That moon pic was taken at 47.5X zoom, with a little camera zoom added. I can go to 300X zoom easily on the moon. That enables you to see the central peaks in each creator. Hard to explan really, you can really see the little dusty pot holes on the moon, and 'taste' the dust.

I can zoom at 300X on the moon easily.

My scope is a Meade ETX 125, with GPS, and a database of 15000 odd objects to auto goto. Obviously the moon and planets need no GOTO capabilites to see them if you know where to look! I just pointed the scope manually at the moon and Jupiter and pressed the camera button. With GPS and tracking, I can use the camera to take long exposures to take much better coloured pics. I'll learn over time.