Sign in to follow this  
Mungous

Car storage

The giant shed that one of my fleet currently hides in has been leased out from under me, and so I now need somewhere to store one of my cars until I get time to work on it.

Anyone know of any weathertight storage in Nelson (where the car currently lurks), Auckland (closer to me so increases the chances of me fixing it up) or Chch (where I often visit friends and family)? Not looking for anything fancy and expensive, just watertight.

Most storage places in Auckland I've found seem to charge about $250-300 per month - that's about the same as an inner city carpark FFS!!

The giant shed that one of my fleet currently hides in has been leased out from under me, and so I now need somewhere to store one of my cars until I get time to work on it.

Anyone know of any weathertight storage in Nelson (where the car currently lurks), Auckland (closer to me so increases the chances of me fixing it up) or Chch (where I often visit friends and family)? Not looking for anything fancy and expensive, just watertight.

Most storage places in Auckland I've found seem to charge about $250-300 per month - that's about the same as an inner city carpark FFS!!

Maybe have you rang Carr & haslam we are in auckland and chch look us up and give us a bell i think its $2 a day

Maybe have you rang Carr & haslam we are in auckland and chch look us up and give us a bell i think its $2 a day

Thanks - will investigate further!

Thanks - will investigate further!

Hey mate just found out inside storage is $5 a day and outside is $3 how long did you need the storage for?

Hey mate just found out inside storage is $5 a day and outside is $3 how long did you need the storage for?

$150 per month still seems a bit bonkers, if I'm honest. I can get an indoors carpark on Quay St for $50 per week!

I need somewhere on a fairly long-term basis as the car is a project that I don't have time to start. I was hoping for more like $50 per month - the car isn't worth much more than that (currently - it's a future classic for sure. Maybe).

$150 per month still seems a bit bonkers, if I'm honest. I can get an indoors carpark on Quay St for $50 per week!

I need somewhere on a fairly long-term basis as the car is a project that I don't have time to start. I was hoping for more like $50 per month - the car isn't worth much more than that (currently - it's a future classic for sure. Maybe).

I've got some space available (Auckland) dry, secure etc etc, pm me or give me a call on 027 472 4211. (may have to leave a message though) Cheers Grant.