Sign in to follow this  
tttr1212

Long Time Lurker, first time BMW owner

A belated birthday present ha Paul :D haha.

Ok, just drove home with my new gearbox installed, car is alot faster very happy with the result. The car holds the revs when changing gears, isn't a bad thing as combined with the short shifter its feels quick between gear changes.

Conversion went relatively smooth, only part that was hard was undoing the bolts on the bullhouseing to crank, were insanely tight and hard to get to also the clutch hardline was a pain to install. Wiring was super easy thanks to Glenns guide, only took 10-15 minutes, the auto warning light is still on thou.

Posted Image

Edited by power1212

Best of luck with conversion if you don't mind were did you get the "M" gear shift knob from and how much been looking for one and the prices they are asking is stupid thanks ?.

Ebay UK, thou it said leather in the description but it doesn't fell very leathery still nice thou.

Thanks for the link at $105 odd landed a bit rich for me will keep looking.

Yeah I know, spends hours googleing/ebay and its the cheapest I could find.Better than Geff Gray $160

Note, will be doing all updates now in my new thread in Showroom under Matt's e36

Edited by power1212