Sign in to follow this  
ashmill

E30M3 Rebuild

Hi Guys

After 3 long years the M3 is nearly ready to go - everything is in place but, I can't get the fuel pumps to run. There doesn't appear to be any power getting to the pumps at all. The fuse is ok and the relay appears to be ok also. This has been a major so it is possible something has been disconnected and I haven't spotted it. Something not earthed maybe??

Any ideas - your help appreciated.

Cheers

Bruce

teh fuel pump relay wont turn on unless it gets a signal from the ecu , which needs a cranking signal from the crank sensors , check these are working first .

are you getting spark??

if you supply 12volts to the relay will the pump run, will the engine start??

teh fuel pump relay wont turn on unless it gets a signal from the ecu , which needs a cranking signal from the crank sensors , check these are working first .

are you getting spark??

if you supply 12volts to the relay will the pump run, will the engine start??

Thanks Brent. Relays and fuses are good and engine is now running. It had to be cranked over to get fuel. Running rough at first with two sticky injectors - a couple of taps on each one and she is on four now although still quite rough as I have had the throttle bodies apart. They will need setting up by someone much more skilled than me.

After such a long time there are the usual electrical gremlins but will work through them.