Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

E39 ABS Unit Replaced

After the 3rd unit failure of the ABS module in my 2002 E39 Touring, I decided it was time to go new.

I have already tried repaired units and a used unit, but they last about 6 months then fail again. :(

Thanks to link given to me by Grant ( Hotwire ) I ordered a brand new Bosch unit from Germany

New ABS Module

They take 19% VAT off, which covered the freight.

I then ordered one of these Gadgets

Car Kracker

Using this and NCS Expert, I was able to code the new unit to my car - no more dash lights :)

Car just back from getting a WOF, as it was off the road with ABS lights on the dash.

Apparently the Car Kracker can be used as a Music Interface in place of the CD changer too, but I have yet to get this to function. Also you can use it with Navcoder and also recode dash buttons etc.

I then ordered one of these Gadgets

Car Kracker

Apparently the Car Kracker can be used as a Music Interface in place of the CD changer too, but I have yet to get this to function. Also you can use it with Navcoder and also recode dash buttons etc.

Hey Greg, Am interested in knowing how you get on with the Car Kracker. It seems that you take out the 6CD changer and put this unit in its place. It then (from a music point of view) allows you to play MP3s of an SD card or select an AUX audio Input when you select CD on the front panel. I see it wasn't designed to work with the 16:9 screen but just wondering how it works with it.

I know your car is set up in a very similar way to mine - Bluetooth, Digital TV, reverse cam etc so I will be interested to hear about the audio side of this wee unit.

I want to buy a E39 or E46 just to play with this carkracker. cool device.