Sign in to follow this  
Turning_Point

Parcel Tray Rattle

hey guys, ive got a e36 318.

i have 12inch sub, l/b amp, and shitty sony 6x9s (i know 6x9s are poo) but it came with car.

any hows, as you can tell by the title, im having cronik rattling...and ive heard drilling into the tray and cable tieing it against the supports in the boot, but i might not be compatent to do a good job of that :P

anyone have any ideas? you can see the whole parcel tray vibrate its quite depressing

Take the back seat out, take the tray out, rip off the black sound deadning mat. Go got your self some 10mm thick carpet underlay, cut it to size, then stick the parcel tray back on and use gorilla filler along the gap where the tray meets the top of the back of the seat, also try using the gorilla filler, in any gap between the tray and the underlay where the speaker holes are. no more rattles.......... :huh:

haha cheers 4 the replys.

i can take the back seats off ...but i wuldnt have a clue how to remove the tray... as from inside the boots all you can see is the metal supports and when the back seats are removed all i see is metal lol.

sorry im a bit of a n00b when it comes with bmws and everything regarding them.