Sign in to follow this  
Guest TUMEKI

E30 Engine

Guest TUMEKI

Evening ladies and gents, im looking to buy a 2.3L engine for my e30, if you of someone that has one round vanos or not plz gimme a hollah.

rhys@revive.net.nz

kenwoodnzl@hotmail.com (Msn)

Cheers

Peace Milky

Guest Andrew

VANOS? .. you want to pop an e36 motor in there. Dude you gonna spend some coin!

Guest TUMEKI

Well yeah i will on the actual engine it self BUT im pretty spanner handy myself so there goes labour bills :D

Guest TUMEKI

Id have either or but im finding it rather hard to source one atm

2.3L with vanos ???that will be hard to find as there is no such thing. How much do you want to spend ? 2.5L with motronic (86-91 e30) is probably the cheapest option ,they are easy to find & bolt straight in.

Guest Andrew

2.3L with vanos ???that will be hard to find as there is no such thing. How much do you want to spend ? 2.5L with motronic (86-91 e30) is probably the cheapest option ,they are easy to find & bolt straight in.

I thought he was talking about M50 vanos? ..

I thought he was talking about M50 vanos? ..

M50 dont come in 2.3L only 2.0 & 2.5 and need a bit of work to fit a e30.Do a search for "Project Orca" for M50 or M52 into e30 swap details.

Guest Andrew

M50 dont come in 2.3L only 2.0 & 2.5 and need a bit of work to fit a e30.Do a search for "Project Orca" for M50 or M52 into e30 swap details.

yeah i was going to buy that CD when i was considering my m50 swap.. before i was convinced it was a waste of coin.

Yes your correct.. the e36 323..has the m50 2.5 ltr. I forgot about that.

Orca = waste of time.

Why's that?

What do you guys ESTIMATE cost of a m50 conversion at, (assume paying labour)

I know a guy with a good 320i (M20, E30 BMW) engine if interested.

Theres plenty of info all over the net regarding M50 swaps, no need for overpriced whale.

m50 conversion has cost me $6k with no labour, however I have installed a link and all new loom etc, trouble is you have to build headers etc bling bling,You could do it cheaper if you had ecu etc with engine, m20 gearbox works also.

I also have a e36 323i which is an m52 2.5l vanos no such thing as a m50 2.3 and I am pretty sure there is no 2.5l m50 323i either 1996 first year of m52 hence 323i, could be wrong though