Sign in to follow this  
antil33t

E34 Touring Doors vs E34 Sedan Doors.

So, there's been this one big annoying issue with my Touring since day one. Some previous retard has scraped along a pole on the drivers side (or something like that) and damaged the rear right door (and someone has tried to repair it and filled it with bog.. and since it's a touring you can't just go buy another door for $50 and bolt it on...

I was wondering if you could either change the window frames over (probably a very hard job) or just swap the skin over? not sure if you can do that with BMW doors or not.

is there ANY other differences people know of with teh doors? apart from the window frame obviously? apparently the door trims fit and all the other wee bits. (changed a lock actuator before, same as everything)

So, there's been this one big annoying issue with my Touring since day one. Some previous retard has scraped along a pole on the drivers side (or something like that) and damaged the rear right door (and someone has tried to repair it and filled it with bog.. and since it's a touring you can't just go buy another door for $50 and bolt it on...

I was wondering if you could either change the window frames over (probably a very hard job) or just swap the skin over? not sure if you can do that with BMW doors or not.

is there ANY other differences people know of with teh doors? apart from the window frame obviously? apparently the door trims fit and all the other wee bits. (changed a lock actuator before, same as everything)

yes everything is the same just the frames, i have sedan door cards. The guy at Novus i deal with said even the main glass for the doors are the same its just the "1/4" glass thats obviously different.

but if you find a straight sedan door, cant see why a panel shop cant cut and paste the outer skin.

but if a panel shop has to do that, they may as well just remove the dent and/or bog the one you got already

not sure if the frame part is detachable, but with everything else being identical, it would be economical for them if it was i suppose?

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_