Sign in to follow this  
gtstarped

E12 complete

Potentially looking for a E12 for a project. Would prefer very very very cheap, non runner fine or even dereg'd.

Hoping someone has one hidden away not being used on a farm and just wants it gone.

Thanks

PS: Any E12 M535i's in NZ? I've found one that was posted on the net years ago in Wellington but its not connected to the plate anymore. If one were forsale I might be keen too. Any help?

have parts from one , but james got the roling shell , so he can rape it for its floors etc.

why a e12???

have parts from one , but james got the roling shell , so he can rape it for its floors etc.

why a e12???

James? Maybe get him to email me.

Bought an e28 m535i as a daily driver in a weak moment and have fallen in love with it. Like the idea of building from ground up starting with a shell.

Good luck, but they are a very rare car here now.

James? Maybe get him to email me.

Bought an e28 m535i as a daily driver in a weak moment and have fallen in love with it. Like the idea of building from ground up starting with a shell.

ok which m535i was that??

colour , spec etc??

ok which m535i was that??

colour , spec etc??

Anyone know if this is still around? Plate not connected anymore though.

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=6419

Saw mine on TM and bought it within about 2 hours of listing. Did you know Dave Coopers car, seems well known?

86 M535i

White

Dogleg

Leather

Motorsport pin stripes for effect

Body has been to the moon, but engine from a crate 70ks ago and gearbox rebuilt

Has had a lot of work (money spent) on it re rust but still has some work to go. Toying up either buying parts (doors and guards) or just buying a whole parts car. Other than small amout of rust and the pesky ABS light intermittenly coming on, shes a beaut.

I know you have the parts I need, will pop over at some stage however I may just by a car to replace all the better things I can from it.

Saw mine on TM and bought it within about 2 hours of listing. Did you know Dave Coopers car, seems well known?

86 M535i

White

Dogleg

Leather

Has had a lot of work (money spent) on it re rust but still has some work to go. Toying up either buying parts (doors and guards) or just buying a whole parts car. Other than small amout of rust and the pesky ABS light intermittenly coming on, shes a beaut.

I know you have the parts I need, will pop over at some stage however I may just by a car to replace all the better things I can from it.

ok

sounds like i might know it

from hamilton??

do you have any pics etc

was it a track car??

abs may be rust around the abs rings , or broken abs sensor wire etc

ok

sounds like i might know it

from hamilton??

do you have any pics etc

was it a track car??

abs may be rust around the abs rings , or broken abs sensor wire etc

? Was imported to Wellington I believe and then owned for 9 years. Was parked up the last 2 as he didn't have time to drive it. Started off like this

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=1803

Now looks like this

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=11306

I'm suspecting its one of the rears but it has about 5 months WOF so haven't even got under it yet. I have a recepit for about $2k worth of ABS work in 2009 which included all new ABS rings so I'm hoping they just need a clean. Some days comes on (especially after reversing on start up), others it doesn't. Will get under it at some point.

Would be keen to talk E28 at some point when I'm out that way.

Tim

? Was imported to Wellington I believe and then owned for 9 years. Was parked up the last 2 as he didn't have time to drive it. Started off like this

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=1803

Now looks like this

http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=11306

I'm suspecting its one of the rears but it has about 5 months WOF so haven't even got under it yet. I have a recepit for about $2k worth of ABS work in 2009 which included all new ABS rings so I'm hoping they just need a clean. Some days comes on (especially after reversing on start up), others it doesn't. Will get under it at some point.

Would be keen to talk E28 at some point when I'm out that way.

Tim

looks good

fun car to drive , lots of nice low down torque and lightish body

my mate use to onw a nz new white one with black leather a few years back ,was on its flat metrics etc

shadowline trim etc

yea come buy some time

cheers brent

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

86 M535i

White

Dogleg

Leather

Yep, that E12 is Darryl Monk's car (rxsumo on here), is one of the last built in SA in 1984 - known as a series 3. E12 body shell with E28 interior - a model peculier to SA. The German E12 (series 2) finished in 1981 when the E28 came out.

It, along with mine, & a couple of others owned by another person, were 4 cars that a German guy came out & visited/documented each one to list on his website E12.de.

To my knowledge Darryl still owns it, or at least he did the last time I caught up with him - 12 months or so ago.

From memory on discussions with Darryl, the guy with the other two had one as a driver & one POS in the paddock.

It may be worth contacting Darryl to see if he has a lead on this.

Yep, that E12 is Darryl Monk's car (rxsumo on here), is one of the last built in SA in 1984 - known as a series 3. E12 body shell with E28 interior - a model peculier to SA. The German E12 (series 2) finished in 1981 when the E28 came out.

It, along with mine, & a couple of others owned by another person, were 4 cars that a German guy came out & visited/documented each one to list on his website E12.de.

To my knowledge Darryl still owns it, or at least he did the last time I caught up with him - 12 months or so ago.

From memory on discussions with Darryl, the guy with the other two had one as a driver & one POS in the paddock.

It may be worth contacting Darryl to see if he has a lead on this.

Cheers for the heads up mate.

Hi are you still interested in the sideloader LSD?

Think you may have confused me with someone else?