Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

E39 / E36

Have been wondering lately if E39 V8 front rotors & calipers will mate up with E36 hubs & hydraulic plumbing. Toying with the idea of a few engine tweaks & would like the extra peace of mind that comes with an extra 38mm of rotor face.

Is this gonna mess with the wheel offset in any way? Will the calipers even bolt up to the 3 series mounts? Would it just be easier to source E46 330 parts instead?

TIA :)

Yeah, I would just keep it simple and use 330i E46 gear or M3 E36 brake gear.

Keep in mind the only real gain with larger rotors / pistons is heat disapation, useful if your going to track the car more often.

Then again larger disks look good regardless

Yeah what Michael said.

I toyed with the idea of using some 4pots off 5/7 series at one stage. Still need custom work to mount them, might as well try mount Nissan or Mazda four pots with the same effort (cheaper in the long run??).

I ended up with e46 330i fronts and e46 328i rears. Build hereBuild

Also there is a guy selling mounts to mount a series 5 rx7 caliper to e36 strut, this is on Trademe.

Was thinking staying with OEM parts would create fewer hassles with installation. E46 330i brakes it is then :)