Sign in to follow this  
satellitej

E46 touring front bushes and control arms

Hey, getter the old knocking going up my driveway in small potholes and when hitting small bumps at slow speed.

Thi king of just doing both control arms and both bushes so its all done. No more issues there.

Where to buy these?

I'm to price with bnt and also found hard race bushes for 180 a pair.

And recommendations would be choice,

Also the best place to get springs for it to lower it?

Paul at Milland will be able to sort you for the control arms and bushes - I think the ones he sells are the Meyle HD which seem to be better than the OEM ones.

I know this is an old thread....

FWIW I fitted Meyle HD (made in Turkey, from memory):

- lower control arms

- control arm bushes

- end links

to my e46 325i Touring. I'm certainly happy with the results. Much more precise steering than the original items (120k kms old), no more clonking. Found flogged out ball joint, LCA bushings with tons of play, and dead end link balljoints.

There's a difference between Meyle and Meyle HD - the HD badge is where Meyle have gone beyond the OEM specs. The US forums note that Meyle HD is beyond the spec used in the BMW ZHP setup.

Note also, Meyle HD has replaceable Ball Joints, so next time you won't need to replace the whole LCA, just press in new replacement Meyle HD balljoints - bonus.

I beleive Lemforder is the OEM for e46; I can vouch for Meyle HD for this application. They've been on mine since sept 2012 and about +18,000 kms, they're still tight and precise as you'd expect.

Hope that helps.

7995078134_edfd775e42_z.jpg

Edited by Olaf