Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

EOI - KW 2 way Race shocks + spares (E46 M3 & CSL) Photos included

I spent a lot of time and hassle importing these. This set was part of the CSL Cup specification when it ran in the UK for 2 years. The kit consists of 4 front shocks and 2 rear shocks and 2 spring sets - Camber plates front and rear solid top mounts (solid rear bottom shock mount also). Brand new front race adjustable swaybar links from Turners Motorsport (these are way better than the KW item) 2 of the front shocks are brand new and never used (they were spares I bought), and the other 2 fronts and both rears were sent back to KW Germany for a full rebuilt (I have all receipt to prove this) - everything that needed replacing was replaced by KW - no expense spared. With the race stuff, each shock is catelogued at KW - so there's a special identification number for each shock - each shock is dyno tested to confirm that it is within the specification tolerance and all this is kept on file at KW (you can email them to get your own shock dyno if you want it - I have the brand new front shocks on file with me). These shocks are valved to work with 22kg/mm springs front and rear with slick tyres. I have 2 spring sets - one 22kg/mm and one 14kg/mm - the latter will work with semi slicks. Bump and rebound individually adjustable. The rear shocks can be turned into full coilover setup if you send them back to KW - but they are not in current state (which in my opinion is better if you don't run a roll cage with rear mount pick up). Reason for selling: I don't actually track the car any longer and haven't done so for over a year now and am not anticipating to do so at all this year - Since rebuilt I've actually only used them twice on the track (once at Hampton and once at Pukekohe) - they are just like new - these have sat in the box for a while now as I took them out just over a year ago and put the stock item back in the car. These are probably better served for someone who's actually going to race their car. I do not recommend these for road use - they are very harsh and are designed for competition use only. To summarise: 4 front shocks (2 new, 2 with 2 track days fully rebuilt by KW Germany with receipts) 2 rear shocks (2 track days fully rebuilt by KW Germany with receipts) 2 front camber plates (extra holes drilled by KW Germany for -4+ degree camber - I believe you can run up to -6 on the redrilled holes) 2 brand new front camber plate bearings (spares I got) 1 spare front bump stop 2 sets of springs (one set of front keepers - spec'd 1kg/mm) 22kg/mm and 14kg/mm Rear spring height adjusters with keepers - spec'd 1kg/mm) KW Adjuster knobs front and rear Might have some KW stickers somewhere also .. LOL EOI at the moment - PM what you are willing to pay - don't be silly and offer stupid money, these are NOT your standard off the shelve items. p.s. When KW rebuild race items they replace everything except the mainshaft and housing (unless damaged) - so all the bearings, seals and oil are all new. p.s.s - Being race items the shock body is very short - resulting in a fairly low ride height (from memory the starting ride height is 13.5inches front and 13 inches rear). The swaybar pick up on the front is also moved, so on standard E46 M3s you'll need higher offset wheels (minimum stock front CSL wheels to work with the re-positioned sway bar link) - these will NOT work with standard 18 or 19inch M3 wheels without front spacers, but will have just enough clearance through out the full suspension stroke on standard CSL front wheels.

Photos:

Full kit assembled with spare springs:

IMAG0448_zps7ca45e36.jpg

Spare brand new front shocks:

IMAG0452_zpsab2a1a10.jpg

Spare bearings, adjustable links and adjuster tools:

IMAG0450_zps70533c21.jpg

Edited by M3_Power

Just so potential purchasers aren't taking a stab in the dark as to how much these costs ... race components are sold individually not as a kit set - so the listing price includes the dampers only, nothing else ... you add solid mounts on top, different spring rates, keeper springs, bump stops ect ....

A rough kit like this with one single set of spring set is around about 3600+euros + shipping + tax.

When you buy individual shocks each damper is roughly NZ$1300 shipped.

I run a similar KW competition kit in my rally car and can attest to how good these components are, their ability to soak up what you throw at them is phenomenal and they will transform your car.

Also, you could daily them, I was shocked at how compliant mine are.

Good luck with the sale, if I had a E46 M3 I would put an offer in on these without hesitation.