Sign in to follow this  
Escay

4x4 tires

Looking for a new set of tires for the truck.

Just wondering if there's much difference between the Dunlop grand trek or the Bridgestone dueler? (They're similar pricing.)

Looking for a set of 265 65 17s if anyone has any hookups!

Cheers!

Looking for a new set of tires for the truck.

Just wondering if there's much difference between the Dunlop grand trek or the Bridgestone dueler? (They're similar pricing.)

Looking for a set of 265 65 17s if anyone has any hookups!

Cheers!

you might also need to state wether they are for purely road work or for 4x4 stuff and if so what sort of 4x4 stuff do you do and if you drive a lot on the road as well?

Take a serious look at the Cooper range. They are made in America and by far the best in the market, they even come with a warranty up to 80,000km and not much more than a Bridgestone or Dunlop. Outhandle and outperform both of those brands in every way.

Edited by Juxu

at the end of the day you get for what you pay for both tyres you have said about will offer the same type of life from the tyre and grip levels etc depending if you want to spend a fair amount more on your tyres then look at the likes of the coopers and other higher end tyres but if you are only using them for road/highway use you are not going to get a great deal more out of them for the money spent. my 2cents from been a supplier/fitter, not a sales man.

Edited by skidtoy

at the end of the day you get for what you pay for both tyres you have said about will offer the same type of life from the tyre and grip levels etc depending if you want to spend a fair amount more on your tyres then look at the likes of the coopers and other higher end tyres but if you are only using them for road/highway use you are not going to get a great deal more out of them for the money spent. my 2cents from been a supplier/fitter, not a sales man.

I agree there is not much difference between the Bridgestone/Dunlop, but after having owned a set of Cooper's I would not go to anything else. Sure, they initially cost more, but when you work out cents per km, the work out far cheaper. I met a guy the other week who was well over 70,000km on a set of the CS4 road tyres, he reckoned he would get 100+.

For city and Highway go for a road type tyre best one in this gategory with some off road/ gravel drive quality is the Bridgestone 680,----------- or the Toyo Proxes ST is also a very good road option if you like directional tyres (I dont)

Cooper don't do the sizes for thew 19's on my X 5 in NZ apparently they dont last as for the other sizes when you check their web site the figures are 50, 000 and 60,000 for specific tyres and not the claimed 80,000

Just more marketing bullshit - buyer beware as usual.

Just because they don't do a tyre that is suitable for your application, it hardly makes it marketing bullshit as you so eloquently put it. I have got a couple of mates who will get well over 80,000km on the AT3. One mate had the 20" LTZ on a new Hilux, sold it at 95,000km and the tyres were still warrantable.

BTW - nice work on recommending tyres that are not available in a 265/65R17, which is what the OP was after.

Thanks for the input guys, still trying to make a decision.

Definitely considering the Cooper AT3s, but also wondering about the concerns 3pedals brought up. wondering how they will hold up with mostly road/highway. Wondering what the realistic usage will be.

The Dunlops I have on now have worn on the shoulders and only lasted about 28,000kms.

If the Coopers last for maybe 50-60k on road use, I definitely think they are quite good value.