Sign in to follow this  
tobytoblerone

How do people drive like this?

It would be interesting to see what happens during standard 64kph crash test when a person is seated in this way.

I can show you what happens when a car is stopped at traffic lights with a trailer hooked onto the back of it and someone is driving from a lying down position and ploughs into the back of the trailer being towed. Multiple witnesses estimated the other cars speed was well in excess of 70km/h when he hit. They were doing 70km/h when the car over took them at whopping pace a very short distance before hand ploughing into the line of stopped traffic in the right hand lane. He probably would have seen us stopped had he been sitting up while driving.. A 15 yr old not having a drivers license probably didn't help him either.

What I can't show you is the driver readjusting his head wear after the airbag almost blew his head off, or the other 2 cars in front of me which were also shunted. The tow bar of the 4wd I was shunted into ended up bent back under his chassis, his radiator and front bumper need replacing, the car at the front of him was all stoved in.

All I can say is Im thankful I had the trailer on the back which acted as a crumple zone for us all, only injury was whiplash and an agitated back injury for the guy in front of me.

Wiesel has been terbinated.. RIP Wiesel and our trusty tandem trailer :( I think a reshell is in the works soon :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by melowpuf

Jeepers, I hope you are OK after that shunt, looks a biggie.

It's funny how being able to see where you are going isn't important to some drivers, I am now noticing how many people have their shitty nav-man or mobile phone stuck onto the middle of the windscreen, right in front of them - obviously so they can see it?? Not like you need to see out the windscreen is it..?? :huh:

Only topped by the person who had one of those kids sun-blinds stuck to their drivers side door window and pulled straight out in front of me from a side road - again not like you need to see out the windows is it?? <_<

Yeah I have seen a double sun blind on the drivers window (one behind the other because one obviously didnt block enough light).

But yes thankfully everyone was "alright" no blood, just sore necks. Luckily I am a very alert driver and saw him coming in the rear view and had a few seconds to brace. The guys in front had no idea it was coming and ended up with severe whip lash. I hate to think what would have been had I not had the trailer on the back. Luckily it was unladen, 15 minutes before hand the trailer had $30,000 worth of quad bikes and gear on it.

Re evaluating insurance on the bikes now... as they would not have been covered.

Seen so many cars with the seats like this, and people driving in this position. It looks stupid & incredibly dangerous! whats coming to this world!

post-6674-1367823098.jpg

I always thought cars only had photos like that so they could better show the front seats and cabin for trademe? Can't believe anyone would actually sit in that

Beat me to it haha, as soon as I saw the thread I thought of this video.

I'm sad to say I have a few friends who drive like this :( all of which drive things such as Lancers, Ceffys or Hondas.