Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

e30 Window Breaker switch

Anyone have the switch that fits in the the slot above the stereo?

Apparently the gearshift console one does not fit there

Looks like this, but be good if someone had one with the picture on it too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

They are available on ebay & Pelican UK.. or certainly Ray at HELLBM..

Ha.. must be that time of year.. my front window stopped working so checked fuse, then noticed that passenger window also not going... My console has a windows isolator switch, but there is nothing connected to it. This forum identified the unlabelled button as the window circuit breaker.. I now remember pushing it on the weekend.. nothing seemed to happen.. now I know.. :rolleyes: so can reassemble the console..

Posted Image

Posted Image

should have plenty

I checked Ebay and Pelican, Couldn't see it on Pelican but the one on Ebay was the gearshift console one.

Mine works, I just swapped gearshift consoles to one from a coupe so I don't have so many switches in the middle and there had been a grill where the lower space was, looks tidier and I ended up moving the window circuit breaker switch up to above the stereo how it is on some e30's, Bit didn't realize the switches are actually different.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mine works, I just swapped gearshift consoles to one from a coupe so I don't have so many switches in the middle and there had been a grill where the lower space was, looks tidier and I ended up moving the window circuit breaker switch up to above the stereo how it is on some e30's, Bit didn't realize the switches are actually different.

That looks way better. Did you have to remove the fan that was behind the grill?

Yeah, annoyed me not having that place, fan behind it didn't even work don't know what it was wired too. Was DIY'd and cut to fit against the A/C box and blow against the condenser or whatever looking thing inside the heatercore. Just pulled it out so I could fit in the console I kept from the m325 with less cut outs so I only have window switches in the middle. And that grill thing used to squeak all the time I thought it was the dashboard every time I hit a bump but it was that plastic grill lol.

I have one... the 318i i wrecked had it on the stereo facia thing.