Sign in to follow this  
curryinahurry

E36 Speed Signal for Wiper

Hi guys,

I've got a problem with my E36 windscreen wipers stuck on "stopped car" mode. So this means that my wipers always have a very long delay except for when its set to lighting speed.

I've tried swapping the wiper module with one which I know works properly, but it didn't help.

I'm now thinking maybe its missing the vehicle speed signal. Would anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Found this don't know if it is of any help.

In general, the right rear wheel speed sensor sends a pulse train or tone to the cluster (Brn/Red wire of connector C). I found that this signal also contained some noise that introduced extra pulses that disrupted an external pulse-counting circuit. The problem was solved by adding a 0.1 uFd capacitor from the Brn/red wire to ground.

There is another Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) signal that comes out of the cluster (Blk/White of Connector B) and goes to the amplifier, cruise control, wipers, radio, and on-board computer. I don't know anything about that signal, but I suspect it is a tone as well.

Edited by M-Spec