Sign in to follow this  
Ahmedsinc

M52 Headers

Has anyone here swapped the exhaust headers from an M52 to an M50? Am trying to work out if it's a worthwhile swap while I have the motor out to do manual install yada yada. Will they mate up to exisiting plumbing or will the downpipes need tweaking? TIA

Yep, have them on my m50b25 non vanos with non cat factory exhaust. You need to die grind the welding in the manifold to flow better. No real differance, just a bit more noise.

Yep, have them on my m50b25 non vanos with non cat factory exhaust. You need to die grind the welding in the manifold to flow better. No real differance, just a bit more noise.

Thanks man, was wondering if it was worth the effort. Wonder if there are any plans on the net to dimension up a seat of DIY tuned headers for the M50B25. Would love to copy the S50 ones if I could! Not worried about how long it takes to build, but more torques would be nice :)

I noticed on tardme that someone was selling some NZ made headers for the M50 for around $700 IIRC.

Thanks man, was wondering if it was worth the effort. Wonder if there are any plans on the net to dimension up a seat of DIY tuned headers for the M50B25. Would love to copy the S50 ones if I could! Not worried about how long it takes to build, but more torques would be nice :)

Wayney on here used to make some m52 ones. PM him and see if he has anything for the m50. Well priced too.

I noticed on tardme that someone was selling some NZ made headers for the M50 for around $700 IIRC.

Yah, the coby branded ones are about a hundy cheaper. Still getting my head around that one

Wayney on here used to make some m52 ones. PM him and see if he has anything for the m50. Well priced too.

The main problem I face at the moment is justifying $600-800 on plumbing when there's a newborn baby to factor in to the budget. Main reason I'm looking at making them myself is that I can spread the cost over however long I need to, and the satisfaction of doing it myself :) Will touch base with him and see what sort of $ he's looking for, though I suspect it's outta my budget for a fair while yet.