Sign in to follow this  
JJohnsen88

E36 Indicator fault. Right side staying on.

Had this car a week now and now have my 2nd hmmm problem. At a stage last night whenever I went to indicate right it would turn on then the green arrow and all 3 (Front, Side, and Rear) would stay on and the only way to get them to turn off was to either fiddle with the indicator switch indicating left and/or pushing the hazard light button and when the arrow turns off, turn the hazards/indicator off. I checked to see if when the right was continuously on if the left still worked as it should and yes it did and in correct timing too signalling that side has proper earth and no faults with any globes. At a set of lights, indicating right it was working correctly sitting still and when I started to move again it froze on like before. I pulled over turned the car completely off with the indicator still glowing to see if that would fix it but since it has an aftermarket mongoose alarm the indicators are able to operate without a key in the ignition to signal activation/deactivation of the alarm.

Had a chat with Dad about it we both think there could be short somewhere in the system, has anyone else had this happen or heard anything similar?

maybe faulty ind relay or switch, i sell a few relays for these

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

If it was the relay then both sides would have the fault not just one though I thought

no

i have seen them fail one side only,

seperate signals going in and out etc