Sign in to follow this  
redbacks26

E39 BMW 525i 2003 Break Pads

Hi Guys,

I live in Auckland.

What is a good place with a reasonable price in Auckland where I can do the break pads for my BMW it is a

BMW 525i 2003 modle E39.

Thanks for your time

Hi Guys,

I live in Auckland.

What is a good place with a reasonable price in Auckland where I can do the break pads for my BMW it is a

BMW 525i 2003 modle E39.

Thanks for your time

I presume you just want replacement pads for normal daily driving. My advice is work out what kind of pads you want (i.e. low dust, bite, durability, etc) and then look online for ones that fit the bill. Search the forum, there have definitely been some discussions about E39 brake pads.

On my old car which was just used for round daily driving I got a set of Posi Quiet low dust ceramic pads from the States for less than $200. Any mechanic worth his salt can fit them for you pretty cheaply. Plenty of forum sponsors who could help depending on your location.

Buying the pads online will save you a fair bit in my experience.

Agree with what Julian said, might find online ones cheaper than some places here depending on what you want. And yeah any mechanic should be able to fit them in (except maybe BM Workshop Grey Lynn - think they had a sign saying customer supplied parts will not be installed or something). I'm thinking of getting some quiet ceramic ones myself for the 530i rear as my current aftermarket ones produce so much dust it looks like I go on daily desert safaris. Front ones had been replaced not long ago and are pretty much dust free. Was looking at a few on turner motorsport site and was thinking of ordering from there.

Julian where did you get yours from?

Agree with what Julian said, might find online ones cheaper than some places here depending on what you want. And yeah any mechanic should be able to fit them in (except maybe BM Workshop Grey Lynn - think they had a sign saying customer supplied parts will not be installed or something). I'm thinking of getting some quiet ceramic ones myself for the 530i rear as my current aftermarket ones produce so much dust it looks like I go on daily desert safaris. Front ones had been replaced not long ago and are pretty much dust free. Was looking at a few on turner motorsport site and was thinking of ordering from there.

Julian where did you get yours from?

Ebay... Search Posi Quiet. They had pretty good customer reviews online. I paid $180 including shipping. Virtually no dust but I would only use them for normal driving.